Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yea, baby.

Had another doctor's appt. today for Hicks baby. Everything was good, hearbeat fine. It's always a little reassuring to hear that, although the incredible hormones that I feel surging through my body and cause me to visit the toilet frequently certainly should be enough reassurance. :) In the baby's honor, I put a ticker at the top of my blog to keep track of how far along I am. You know how things are around here, I don't want to lose track of time. I'm trying to really enjoy this pregnancy since it may be my last...who knows!

Something funny the PA at the OB's office told me on my first visit, "So, you should probably only gain around 20 pounds throughout the pregnancy, that's average." I snorted a little (discreetly) and started chuckling. She said, "Oh, did you not gain that much with your other two?" "Oh, no, I gained 55 pounds." "They were twins?" she asked. "Nope."

On a side note, that is not the average weight gain. It's 25-35 pounds. I don't know where she got her numbers. I will say that I went a tad overboard when I was pregnant with Joel, but eating was the only thing that made me stop throwing up (for 8 months). With Jesse, I tried to be a little more moderate, since it was hard losing 55 pounds the first time, but I still gained 45 with him. I think that's just the way my body works. So, here's to gaining 20 pounds by the time I'm only 20 weeks (probably)!

No comments: