Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We made it!!




And let's just say that the trip really couldn't have been better. It did take me about 10 minutes just to get through the scanner at security (our items filled 4 plastic bins). I had to take 3 pairs of shoes and coats off, pull out the DVD player separately, collapse the stroller and haul it up onto the conveyer belt, put all of our carry-ons in, then make sure I didn't lose a kid. One of the "helpful" TSA men looked at me as I'm trying to hold two sets of hands while doing this and said, "Ma'am, you need to put that stoller on the belt so it can go through the scanner." "Yea, thanks, I'm aware of that...that would be what I'm trying to get to doing at this very moment."

Anyhow, the boys were PERFECT on the airplane. They totally surprised me and it was a great flight! Their forgetful mommy pulled out the DVD player at the end when they got a tad bit antsy, not realizing that 10 minutes later I'd have to shut it off because we were starting our descent (that took 25 minutes) and you have to turn off all electronic devices. Oops. The boys handled it quite well!


We didn't waste any time and got in the pool pronto! It was beautiful, upper 80's, warm water, nice...

Then we ate dinner at Rubio's, one of our favorite CA restaurants, and had popsicles on the patio outside my parent's house after dinner. What a nice evening. Joel is currently trying to fall asleep on his blow-up mattress next to my bed so I'm crossing my fingers!

The pic of naked Jesse is him getting a "bath" on the lawn with a bowl of soapy water after the popsicle. He doesn't really eat them, instead he just lets them saturate him with stickiness. Good times, especially for my mom who's the "clean freak" (I mean that in a good way--my boys are never cleaner than they are when they are around her).

No comments: