Monday, April 14, 2008

I might be crazy...

But we're going on a trip! I swore after we returned from Hawaii (almost 2 years ago--Joel was 17 months and I was almost 8 months pregnant) that we wouldn't travel again until the youngest kid in our family was 4. It was an amazing trip but definitely NOT a vacation. Apparently I have questionable judgement when I'm pregnant because I've decided to do it again.

My parents have a place in the Palm Springs area and they are leaving for 5 weeks tomorrow. Zac and I got some new credit cards that gave us free plane tickets to sign up and so we've decided to go to California. Actually, Zac may not get to go because of work so we are holding out on his ticket but the boys and I are booked. I'm cautiously excited! There's a pool 15 feet from my parent's condo, they have a crib and highchair and some toys there and so we're off! I cannot imagine wearing shorts again and being able to smell the amazing flowers there and eating at some of our favorite "California" restaurants!!

However, the boys don't do so well with change so we are praying that they will have a fun time too and not totally freak out. Especially on the airplane. The idea of flying alone with a three year old and 20 month old isn't exciting. Especially when the younger, squirmier one will be sitting on my lap. They both are non-stop activity and have a propensity to whine. Oh, and did I mention that I have a major throwing up problem on airplanes when I'm pregnant?! How do you hold a one year old and throw up at the same time? My only saving grace (and the reason that we can go) is that we are flying non-stop into Palm Springs so it will be a relatively quick trip. If anyone has any travel solutions or airplane distracting toys, feel free to share!!

No comments: