Monday, February 18, 2008

Thank you, Presidents.

Our weekend was extended so we spent some time in Colorado Springs with the family. We had dinner with my parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and their baby girl, Stella. She is four months old and was just babbling away during dinner. So cute! Joel sat down right next to her and they just stared at each other endearingly. I'll get some pics soon--my brother took some. I also hope that toward the end of the week I'll have some more recent pics of my own. Our camera has been broken but we finally ordered a new one! Hooray!

This afternoon, I got to go shopping for wedding dresses with my friend who just got engaged. It was fun! It's been a couple of years since I've done that with someone and I love the excitement in the air, anticipating such a fun event. I'm also glad that I don't have to personally worry about that stuff anymore...a little stressful.

This evening, Joel was running to the bathroom and tripped just a little. He stopped, looked at his feet, then looked at me and said, "Don't worry, Joel's legs work 'cause Jesus made them not broken anymore!" He learned about how Jesus healed the lame man's leg (the guy who was lowered into a house through the roof by his clever friends) in nursery at church a couple of weeks ago and is quite fascinated by the idea. He frequently prays for God to heal his eye...I'm sure God understands and just redirects those to be prayers for my eye...Joel's if fine :).

No comments: