Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My mouth is broken!

That's what Joel told me as he came into our room crying this morning. He was coughing like a seal and his voice sounded really funny.

Darn. There goes my one morning of the week off without the boys. Not that I'm counting or anything, but I probably only have 4 left before the baby is born.

When he realized he wasn't going to be able to go to preschool, he tried to convince me he felt fine. When that didn't work, he just started crying really loudly and begging to go. Jesse caught wind of the whole situation and started crying really loudly begging to NOT go to preschool. Too bad they couldn't switch.

Anyhow, Joel ran errands with me this morning, because other than his frog voice and occasional seal cough, he says he feels fine. No fever, no runny nose, no red throat. Weird. Jesse did survive another day at preschool. Although this mommy felt a little bad because I forgot to put his special blankie in his diaper bag. Oops...that's kind of like rubbing salt in his wound. :)

It was fun, though, to get to hang out with just Joel. Jesse and I have been getting a lot of solo time lately but not Joel and I. He is growing up so much that he really is quite enjoyable and easy to hang out with one on one.

So, the morning wasn't spoiled, just modified, and I am thanking God for the special time I got with my biggest little guy.

No comments: