Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Preschool



I finally got my pictures loads so I am posting a picture of Joel and Jesse on their first day of preschool. As you can see, Jesse was in denial that he had to go--hence the fact that he has no shoes on, is still holding part of his breakfast in his hand, and refused to wear his backpack.


Ahh...poor little guy. He was crying hysterically when I left him this morning--they tell me he recovered eventually.


Joel, on the other hand, is just eating this preschool thing up. He gets to go four mornings a week. Two mornings at the preschool at our church which he started last fall in sort of a "mom's day out/pre-preschool" program that he loved so much we decided to let him go back this year (that's also what Jesse is doing now). And two mornings at the public school to get the special education intervention for Autism--it's all mainstreamed and aside from the support of a special ed teacher and speech therapist, he feels just like he's in regular preschool.


I was a little worried that this would be too much for him, but who was I kidding? This is my extremely extroverted child who is loving it all!

No comments: