Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wow!

I am just typing this for the record books. The boys have been playing together, approriately, productively, and with relatively little behavioral intervention from me. It is so wonderful!!! I have been waiting for their relationship to reach this level where they can play more as peers and actually enjoy a few play sequences. Yea!!

While they play, I continue nesting up a storm. Zac said yesterday how ironic it is that a pregnant woman's strongest urge to get a lot of strange things done occurs at the time in her pregnancy when she should be resting the most.

Whatever...I actually think I am getting endorphins from this. I wake up at night thinking about all of the things I need to do to prepare and I feel this weird nervous/giddy feeling. I have to force myself to go back to sleep.

Except for last night when I crawled out of bed (for the 1st time of the night) to go to the bathroom and I almost fell down. I have been having sciatic nerve problems in my back/pelvis/leg--it has happened with each baby, but gotten progressively worse. Anyway, I couldn't put any weight on my right leg. I thought about waking Zac up and asking him to carry me but that seemed a bit over the top. So, I dragged myself in there without too much incident. I'm happy to report it's a little better this morning. :) These are the things you conveniently "forget" about when you decide to get pregnant again.

No comments: