Thursday, October 2, 2008

Croup.

Yep, that's what Joel got. He had all of the signs, except for the all-important fever. Well, that came when he woke up from his nap on Tuesday (after I made him run lots of errands with me...sad for him, I know....feeling mommy guilt).

He was fairly sick until today, but a steroid received last night really seemed to help him.

But, it has been a long few days around here. No napping. Lots of wanting to be held. Lots of whining and crying. Whew, I'm tired and lacking a little patience right now. I think my well dried up.

So, with great thanks to my parents, I left the boys in their competent hands to spend the next two nights at their house. Zac is being ordained this weekend and I wanted to attend the meetings to hear him speak, lead worship, and be examined by the presbytery (our denomination's governing body). I am so thankful to get this opportunity and am also looking forward to a little "mommy break".

We will reunite with the boys on Saturday for my niece's 1st birthday party, where Zac will officiate her dedication (his first official duty as a Reverend, we hope!). '


Side note: I'm definitely feeling very "pregnant" now and I actually told Zac last night that I don't know if I can do this for 5 more weeks. But, I will. Because I don't have a choice. And I know it doesn't really get any easier with a newborn around. At least now I'm still getting a little bit of sleep! :) Plus, it probably won't be a full 5 weeks (I hope!) since both boys were early.

No comments: