Sunday, July 26, 2009

Not such a good start.

Two months ago I convinced Zac to take a week off this summer. Not so we could do anything spectacular, it's too expensive and logistically difficult to take a big trip with 3 little people, but just to relax and take a break. He needs that. I need that. The boys need to see us all just having fun together.

That vacation week starts tomorrow. And we are not off to a good start. Zac and Jesse are both sick...they have been this whole past week and while Jesse seems to be staying the same, Zac is definitely getting worse. This isn't exactly what I had imagined for our special time together. Think Zac sleeping a LOT and me doing the same thing I do every other day, except being annoyed that this week I actually shouldn't have to be doing it alone.

Insert crying.

Just kidding. I know that was very whiny. Hopefully we can get them both to the doctor on Monday, on some medicine, and on the road to recovery. Just pray the other boys and their Mommy don't get it! Then I really might cry :).

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh Abby, I'll pray that you guys are all spared major illness and that the guys recover enough to enjoy Zac's time off. Isn't it funny how your body just breaks down the second the adrenaline is gone--or when you finish a huge project?! Enjoy your week as best as possible!

Erin said...

Father,
Please heal Zac and Jesse and keep this illness away from the rest of the family...restore health to each of them so that they are able to rest and enjoy each other this week. Give them fun fellowship, laughter and spontaneous adventures this week!
Love to you all,
Joy