Sunday, February 15, 2009

Randomness.



That's how I'm feeling right now so that's what's coming out :) (Enjoy the random pictures too...he's getting so big!!)

I think I'm going to update the look of by blog, whenever I get a chance. It's getting kind of old for me so be on the lookout!

I finally got around to actually typing out all of the random recipes that I have collected over the past 7 years. They were all stuffed in a recipe binder on various sizes and types of paper and I had to search through each one every time I was looking for a specific paper. No more! I typed out 80+ recipes and just need to print them out, punch holes, and file them in my binder (thanks Mom Hicks, you gave me this for my wedding and it already has the labeled tabs!). This was one of those "nesting" tasks that I never got around to.

Joel got a big boy bike today (with training wheels). We will practice riding it in the basement this winter and hopefully make an outside debut later this spring. He doesn't totally "get" it yet, but it will come. Oh, looking at him on that bike with his very grown-up looking guitar shirt that my mom got him made me realize what a big boy he is! Sad and happy all at the same time.

Zac got me a big chef's knife for Christmas. The big one that all of the fancy people use on the Food Network to dice their onions and garlic. I'm excited.

And, a random confession. I hope some of you out there support me in this...someone must because it's awfully popular. I LOVE reality TV shows. Not all of them, but a good many of them. My favorites: The Bachelor, The Hills, Amazing Race (just started again tonight but I missed it...going to get the blanket in aforementioned post), Project Runway, American Idol, and more, I have a tired brain right now so I can't think of them. Honestly, find them way more entertaining than canned sitcoms and over-the-top dramas. I don't know, I just thought I'd throw this out there. What are some of your favorites?

Oh, and I ordered a new double stroller that I'm pretty excited about! Do any of you feel like you need a new/different stroller every six months, depending on the ages and stages of your kids? For various reasons, this is our 6th stroller. Don't worry, though, I only keep two at a time and sell the others. How can such little people need so much gear? I thought about that as I moved over the swing to make room for the exersaucer, and then brought out the Bumbo seat so I could move the bouncy seat upstairs to use while I shower. Seriously? All for little Brody...

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it self-indulgent if I respond to many things all at once? Here goes:
1) Good luck with Brody!
2) Right now, all I know is I can't imagine not being pregnant again, and I don't know if one more time will be enough, either.
3) I've needed to organize stacks of recipes for... my whole life. I'm now working on accepting the stacks as they are, instead of working on them.
4) I'd love a big chef's knife, or even just a sharp knife.
5) I love my reality TV, though I usually wait to admit it until someone else has confessed. I don't even know if I'm ready yet to write down which ones I like.
6) I'm continually shocked at how much baby stuff we have, and how there's always something else to get. Baby carriers/wearers have been my most frustrating experiment. I don't want to count how many.
That's it. Longest comment ever.
-Karla
6)

Anonymous said...

Karla, you're funny.

I used my knife yesterday and it cut through a raw potato like it was a stick of soft butter...so smooth.

Frankly, I've never been a big fan of baby carriers/wearers either. I don't know what all the hype is about. Although Phil and Kelley are letting me borrow their super deluxe baby bjorn and it's kindo of working for me:)...for about 10 minutes at a time. haha