Monday, August 25, 2008

My little man!!






Jesse is now 2! His birthday was yesterday but since we were all together on vacation last week, we ended up having his party a little early. He got some fun dress-up costumes (those were in our vacation pics, modeled by Joel), a toy helicopter, some great clothes, and a few other things. I can't believe he is already two years old--although some of his behavior as of late has clearly indicated so. :)

He is fiery and fiesty, but also so loving and mellow (I know, it's hard for those to co-exist). He is starting to come into his own a little bit more and his personality cracks me up. He gives me spontaneous hugs, asks Joel if he is okay when he coughs, and covers his gymbo doll up with a little blankie of his own when they lie in the crib together.

He will start preschool at our church next week, going just one morning a week. I think it will be so good for him to have some of his own space and a place where he is just Jesse, not Joel's brother. I look forward to seeing him blossom even more. Every time we tell him that he gets to go to preschool now because he is a big boy, he gets this big smile on his face and looks so proud.

I love this little dude and pray for many more birthdays to celebrate!!

No comments: