Monday, March 17, 2008

Sunday

Zac was "super Zac", as I teasingly call him, at church yesterday. He led worship and preached for two services. It went really well and it's fun to be able to hear him in the pulpit since he's not doing it as much now as he used to. My brother, sister-in-law, and parents came up for the occasion and I got to spend some quality time with my niece, Stella. I'll post some pics of her later...super cute! I have to take advantage of holding her while my boys are napping because Jesse gets kind of jealous and thinks it's more important for me to hold him. Joel is just very curious and brings her all sorts of toys.

I'll post a link to Zac's sermon as soon as it gets up on the website and those of you who are interested can download it or listen to it via podcast. Pretty cool!

We are gearing up for a busy week without daddy who will be at work non-stop until after Easter. It's funny how our lives used to revolve around semesters and syllabi but now they revolve around the church calendar. Holidays used to signal a break for us--now it means lots of business and work for Zac (and for me because I become a "single mom" for awhile).

Here are some other recent pics...Joel got into the lip gloss again (oops, again), Jesse with one of his all-time favorite "hats" (yes, it's Joel's underwear and no, I promise I didn't put them on his head--he does it all by himself), Joel may have found a new interest (daddy is excited), and finally, bedtime (we are all looking a bit weary).





2 comments:

Ryan West said...

Just a few things...
-I loved the "pledge of allegiance" post
-I really like the name "Stella"
-I'm a single mom too!! I've been dreading this week for a while now, especially since Ryan decided to implement CCPC's Holy Week noon services. AHHH! And he will not stop asking me questions about his music arrangements when he is at home.
:)
-Karla

Abby said...

Karla,

I hear you...too bad I can't just run on over for dinner some evening and we could keep eachother company! Zac actually came home at a decent hour last night but all I could hear were the notes of a piece he was composing on finale...no rest for the weary!

Miss you guys!