Friday, March 14, 2008

The pledge of allegiance

Here's how a conversation went for me and the boys at dinner last night. Side note: I learned at parent/teacher conferences yesterday that Joel is learning to tap people on the shoulder when he would like to get their attention to say something to them or give them something.

Joel: gets off of his chair and taps my shoulder
Me: (finally realizing why he has been tapping lately) "Yes, Joel? Do you have something to tell me?"
Joel: "The Pledge of Allegiance" (which he has also learned at preschool and I've been trying to get him to recite for me but he's being stubborn).
Me: "Okay."
Joel: "I pledge allegiance to the Golden Pyramid (his favorite Little Einstein video) with liberty and justice for all."
Jesse: "Amen!"

Thank you, gentlemen, for that stirring discussion! We laughed for quite awhile and now Joel thinks it's the funniest thing in the world.

No comments: