Thursday, March 13, 2008

My little boy is growing up!


Yep, that's right! I had my first parent teacher conference today. I think it's funny that a 3 year old has a conference for preschool, but it was helpful to get feedback from his teachers and therapists about his progress and to update some things on his IEP. He is doing okay--understands everything that is going on and participates in most of it, but is still pretty behind socially. Nothing too surprising and reminds us of what we need to continue to work on.


They were marveling at his visual abilities. He turned his name upside down at school and pointed out that the "L" becomes a "7" and the "E" becomes a "3". Yep, that's our little Einstein. He is completely obsessed with numbers of all kinds. There are 11 steps to get from the landing to the upstairs in our house, we come get him in the morning at 7:00 (he says, "come get you at seven, zero, zero!), his favorites songs on the wiggles CD are numbers 24, 26, and 30 (and if I hum the tunes of one of any of the 30 songs, he tells me which number I am humming...I always check to see if he is right...he is :), Jesse is 1, Joel is 3, Joel's birthday is December 21 (with an emphasis on the "21st" part), he can count to 60 backwards and forwards, and his favorite part about watching a DVD is starting at the counter on the DVD player--he likes to try to pause the movie at the change of a minute (1:59 to 2:00). Ah, I can either laugh at these things or let them drive me crazy...sometimes it's both simultaneously.

No comments: