Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tim Gunn's got nothin' on these guys.

Oh yes. My little fashionistas in the making.





My mom and I took Joel to the outlet mall to get the boys some summer clothes for our upcoming trip to California. Jesse and Brody will mostly wear clothes that Joel (and 3 other boys who gave us the clothes) wore in the past, but Joel doesn't have anything bigger for next summer so he got to come (and he's dropped his afternoon nap so he was the only one still awake when we left).

And this is what he picked out.

He found the sweater on a clearance rack but they didn't have his size. He carried it around the store forever, begging my mom to let him get it. He was so insistent that she asked a saleslady if they might have his size in the back. And, oh yes, he was in luck!

While I was waiting in line to check-out, he was digging through a bin of hats and gloves and found the perfect additions to his beloved sweater. The whole outfit only cost $5, othewise I would have put my foot down over this fashion nightmare.

He wanted the entire ensemble on as soon as we got home and didn't take one piece of it off for the rest of the day. Mind you, it was 72 degrees outside. I think he even slept in it. All of it. What a funny guy!

And Jesse wanted in on the fashion action so he modeled his new swimming suit and hat. What a stud :). I think he looks like an 80 year old man on the beach in Florida with that combo (dark socks, white legs, plaid shorts...whew!)

This is one of the first times that Joel (or Jesse) has ever cared about what he wears. It kind of surprised me that he could be so passionate about it. All you moms of little girls are probably fainting as you read this because you've been fighting clothing battles since your girls could walk or talk. I even had a friend just tell me that her 8 week old daughter started crying hysterically when she put a pair of jeans on her, so she took then right off and the baby was as happy as could be. Apparently she already has an opinion about what she would like to wear!

No comments: