Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chamba chai, oh how I love you!

Do you remember those old Folger's commercials when a groggy looking man or woman would stumble out of bed into a bright, country kitchen and then just come alive when they opened their fresh, wonderful smelling can of Fogler's? Yeah, I never was really sold on that commercial because I don't like coffee.

But now I get it.

A few months back I took a sample of Chamba Chai tea at Costco (because let's be honest, that's half of the reason I go to Costco--for the samples). And this one blew my socks off. It tastes a lot like the chai tea I used to get in college at our campus coffee shop. Mostly sugar, with the best spices to boot!



Anway, now that person in the commercial is me! I stumble out of bed with the smell floating in my brain and I walk to the kitchen like an addict, looking for my next fix of chai (risque, I know). I have now limited myself to one every other day (it wasn't helping me reduce my sugar intake). But I thought it deserved a written tribute, especially since I am enjoying a nice cup right now.

No comments: