Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Unexpected!

Today I sort of got a day off! It has been just me and Brody hanging out all day. My dear friend Jamie (the one who took Joel camping) took both of the bigger boys to Elitch's with her daughter (think Six Flags). They seemed to have a great time...Joel was grinning from ear to ear when he walked in, and Jesse walked straight to his bed :). Now Joel is off to therapy and the other two are napping.

What a nice gift this is for me because the lovely "cold" we've been passing around his is still hanging on something fierce. Zac is even going to the doctor tomorrow, which if you know Zac, you know that's pretty significant! :) I guess it's kind of important when a major part of your job is having to sign...that voice needs to be working properly.

So yes, the highlight of my day would be laying on the couch for 2 STRAIGHT hours this morning while Brody napped. I know, aren't I inspiring...the things I can accomplish with "free" time. Somehow I think this was just what my body needed, though. After all, I need to think about that little baby growing inside me too, which still seems so hard to comprehend!

My other close second of a highlight would be when I put Joel in his therapist's car to leave and he lunged his arms out and asked me for a "big hug" with a huge smile on his face. Oh my heart.

1 comment:

Zac Hicks said...

"I guess it's kind of important when a major part of your job is having to sign"

Abby, my deaf ministry was supposed to be kept on the DL. :)