Monday, August 24, 2009

We're back...

...and jumped right back into the land of sick children. Joel did recover, but then Brody got pretty sick and we are still struggling along with him. Just think horrible diarrhea (as in 12-14 diapers a day), painful diaper rash, and a cold. His voice sounds so sad when he tries to cry because it comes out more like a hoarse, barky kind of sounnd.

And sweet baby that he is, only cries when he needs a new diaper or when I lay him down to sleep. It's been my special time with him to go in and rock him for awhile before naps and bedtime--what better comfort can I provide? I actually still remember being rocked by my mom (I think it extended into my early elementary years if I was not feeling well or upset about something). I hope my kids always know that my lap is open for them.

We have lots going on this week and are still trying to recover from our trip. It was great--beautiful in the mountains and a nice change of pace--but it wasn't necessarily restful. We lead worship at a conference for 3 sessions a day, and when you include sound checks and rehearsals, we spent a lot of time on that stage :)! Other than some background singing on Zac's album, I haven't ever really been much of a part of leading worship with him and so it was a new experience for me...a little stressful but fun!

We celebrated Jesse's 3rd birthday last night so I'll get some pics up and try to do a special post for him soon!

No comments: