Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The boys




Wow, I cannot believe it's already Christmas eve tomorrow!

I am so glad that Brody has joined our family, but having him right before the holidays sort of changed the focus around here. Our world has been filled with feedings, doctors visits (for me and Brody), and sleep deprivation. Not exactly good preparation for Advent. Still, I am trying to focus on what's important.

Here are some pics of the boys. Needless to say, I've been a bit distracted. As I was making dinner the other night, Joel was sitting at the table coloring, Brody was napping, and I realized Jesse was awfully quiet in the playroom. Yep, he found my lipstick. Talented guy he is--it was in a zipped up pouch inside of my zipped up diaper bag.

One example of my sleep deprivation is that I also decided to take away Jesse's pacifier for good...cold turkey. I just decided it was messing up his two front teeth and so it was time. Our sweet Jesse, usually so mellow and fun, but also has a streak of fire in him, reacted just that way. He was fiery and mad for about 10 minutes while trying to fall asleep, but has been pretty mellow about it ever since. The jelly beans we got at the store as a special treat for giving up the pacifier helped!

Then there is Joel in all of his 4 year old cuteness (his birthday was officially yesterday).

And poor Brody (and Mommy). We both have been suffering through terrible cold for the past 4 days and getting little to no sleep. It's very hard, and it breaks my hard to hear him struggling to breath and eat at the same time. I actually cried about it last night as he was flailing around on my lap, snorting and gagging. I told Zac that is was "so hard because there was NOTHING more I could do to help him". As I was praying for him and reflecting on that before bed, I realized that was probably the first of many times I will cry tears for my children and say that very same phrase. Lord, have mercy on us and them in the days and years to come:).

1 comment:

Erin said...

Abby...thanks for sharing the ups and downs of your daily life with us...your boys are precious and now having Autumn I understand what you are experiencing with new little Brody. My prayers are with you sweet friend of mine!