Monday, October 5, 2009

Praise!

We are praising the Lord today for a good check-up from my eye doctor. This is the first time in almost 2 years that he has been able to say that my eye is actually looking better and he is encouraged! The general health of my eye has been on a downward trajectory for a little while now. The laser treatment I had last summer was supposed to help with some of the bleeding, fluid leakage, and swelling. It's still an experimental thing, and the doctor was especially concerned because sometimes during pregnancy, the body can go kind of crazy, vascularly speaking, which would have been bad news for my eye. It seemed to do that a bit when I was pregnant with Brody, and since all of that was just a year ago, I was a bit concerned to be pregnant again.

BUT, the treatment and, more importantly, God's healing hand, seemed to have worked and all of the symptoms I mentioned above have lessened! Praise God! The tumor is looking great--still nice and small and dead--so we are continually thankful for that as well. As long as that stays the same, our new goal is for me to be able to keep my actual eye and for it to stay relatively "healthy". Although battered and mostly blind, I 'd still like to keep it around for as long as possible :)!

4 comments:

David Strunk said...

Hooray Abby!! I will continue to pray, even in the good news.

Kim Anderson said...

God is good all the time. Sometimes, like this one, we get to see it!

Anonymous said...

We're so glad to hear about your eye! Awesome!
-Karla

Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D. said...

Abbie:

I am heartened to hear of this good news. May God be praised and you be blessed. Psalm 103.
Love in Christ,
Doug Groothuis