Saturday, October 10, 2009

Brrr...

I stepped outside this morning into balmy 18 degrees go to a Women's fall brunch at church. Everything was frosty and pretty looking, but not too much like fall. Strange! It was a fun time with some other really neat women.

Zac held down the fort with the boys and another friend of theirs who is 9 but likes to come over and play. I had great intentions of posting a bunch of old pictures I have on my camera, since it's been quite awhile...but, alas, I cannot find the camera cord. Hmmm...

Some of the pictures where from last weekend when I was at a baby shower and the boys made a homemade "train station" for their trains. Zac found some scrap wood and they sawed and nailed all morning. They even custom painted it--and only one pair of pants got ruined in the process :). Actually, as I was just looking through the pictures, I realized that Jesse was wearing his nice (and only) swimming suit (that will one day be Brody's), and his all-time favorite Mickey Mouse shirt from Disneyland that my brother got him. Um, probably the LAST thing I would put on him while painting. But, I always say that if they are all happy and safe while I am gone, I won't sweat the small stuff. And not to worry, the super cute pictures also revealed that Zac made them wear protective eyewear while sawing. Oh, the boys.

And speaking of boys--we have our big ultrasound on Wednesday!!! Up until now, I've been fairly relaxed about finding out the gender of Hicks #4, but now, I must admit I'm starting to get a little nervous/excited. Either way, it's crazy to know that we will soon have a lot more information about our family's future dynamic. Will we have a enough men for a basketball team or will some pink actually enter this household?? Who knows?

1 comment:

Wendi Garland said...

Any word on the u/s? I'm hoping for pink but know God's in charge. A full basketball team is always good too!