Thursday, April 22, 2010

Little daddy.

A couple of weeks ago during "rest" time (that is a very loose term around here these days :) I asked Joel and Jesse to be nice and quiet in their room because I was going to try and rest too. Joel asked why and i said it was because I was tired. "Why?", he asked again. "Well, because I have to get up with Bronwyn several times at night to feed her when she's crying. He looked shocked that all of this was going on in the household without his knowledge.

Since then, he asks me every morning how Bronwyn slept, how many times she cried, and if she had a good night. So cute.

Then last night when I went in to check on her around 9:30, I tripped over something on the floor. I turned on the light to see Jesse curled up on the floor next to Bronwyn's crib, and Joel all cozy in her rocking chair--both sound asleep. Joel woke up as I moved him to his bed and I asked what they were doing and he told me that they were going to sleep in her room so that they could take care of her overnight so that I wouldn't have to. So sweet. I almost cried.

Then I told him that he could just enjoy being her big brother and I would worry about taking care of her because I love taking care of my kids!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What sweet boys! I would have teared up too. These little stories sometimes make the hard times so much easier. Sometimes. ;)

Living on Purpose said...

That is so cute!! Love it!!