Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh my.

I had that thought several times today.

I am wondering what I have gotten myself into. 3 kids 3 years and under. Oh my.

My mom is still here helping which has been a HUGE blessing. Our transition to a family of 5 has been made much more difficult by the fact that everyone keeps getting sick around here. A stomach bug and a nasty cold keep getting passed around.

Finally, I think the stomach thing has run it's course (and thankfully skipped me and Brody). Jesse is finishing his antibiotic for a sinus infection and is getting much better. Joel goes into the doctor with Brody in the morning and he will probably get an antibiotic for the same thing...he woke up from his nap with a fever and his cough has just become really nasty.

Little Brody is still struggling with the jaundice, although he is off of the bili lights right now. Part of his struggle is also a lack of weight gain. He hasn't increased his weight for 6 days (we go in every day for a weight check and a billirubin check) and the doctor finally told me I need to supplement the breastfeeding with formula too.

Anyway, this is part of the reason for a lack of posting and also a lack of pictures. I am taking some but Zac has been downloading on his new computer so I need to get them on mine too.

But aside from all of the sickness, I think the boys are having normal adjustment difficulties to our family change, and that has created extra work and energy drain. I know we'll make it through this but it's gonna be tough!

No comments: