Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

This picture doesn't quite do the whole scenario justice. We ran into a 200 pound mastiff dog sniffing a 10 pound little black dog, dressed up as a fire hydrant! The big dog's head seriously was the size of a large watermelon. Incredible.

My 9+ month pregnant self trying to pull up my pants just a little more. That seems to be a most frequent occurence in my life these days.

Our knight in shining armor. He abandoned his shield for a piece of licorice midway through the evening.


Fireman Jesse!




We took the boys trick or treating last night with some friends. It was a nice evening--ate some pizza, got some candy (walked a long time so I might go into labor), and then went back home for some apple cider. This was also the warmest Halloween on record for Colorado--mid 60's when we were out at 8:00 at night. Nice.

The night was actually slightly monumental because it marks the FIRST time I have ever participated in Halloween--even as a kid. I didn't really see what the big deal about the whole thing is, after being disappointed every year of my childhood that I wasn't participating (I think I was mostly just sad back then because I didn't get candy).
Joel thought it was really fun. Jesse rode in his stroller clutching his (mostly empty) candy bag the majority of the time.
They did, however, leave their costumes on the entire night which seems like some sort of victory to me!

No comments: