Sunday, July 13, 2008

Birthdays




Joel just loves them. It doesn't really even matter who is celebrating their birthday--Joel is fully excited. He knows many people's ages (me, Zac, Jesse, Aunt Kelley, Uncle Phil, Nana, Papa, Miss Linda, Natalie, Uncle Rick, Aunt Cordy, Nikayla, etc...) and he tells them whenever he sees them how old they are. (Don't ever tell Joel your age unless you want it broadcasted everywhere, by the way).


We went to my parent's for my brother's birthday party Friday night and we had a great time. On the way home Joel said, "It's not Uncle Phil's birthday anymore!". "I know," I said, Jesse's birthday is coming up next." "Jesse! It's your birthday--Happy Birthday!" Joel shouted to him in the car. Not yet, buddy, but soon.


In light of Jesse turning two in 6 weeks--as I look at pictures of him I realize he looks like such a big boy now...did he grow up overnight? He makes jokes, says whatever he wants, and is such a little crack-up--we love him!

No comments: